- Type d'image:Image contenu principale (Dimensions 635px * 300px)Vendredi 28 Juillet 2017English Articles
European leadership in the energy transitionPresident Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement has led to a fragmentation in the US effort to see through the energy transition, with some states supporting it and others remaining co
But to achieve this Europe must be able to offer all the advantages of its single market by enabling investors to profit from extensive large demand.
- Type d'image:LibreVendredi 21 Juillet 2017English Articles
Report - Anticipating the Economic and Social Impacts of Artificial IntelligenceIn March 2016, the Korean go champion, Lee Sedol, suffered a crushing defeat against the AlphaGo program.
For a few years now, artificial intelligence has become a subject of debate far beyond the field of digital technology alone, doubtless because there is a sense of the whole scope of its economic a
- Type d'image:Image contenu principale (Dimensions 635px * 300px)Vendredi 07 Juillet 2017English Articles
Fixing the Eurozone. Measures to right the rickety monetary unionThat the EU is at a crossroads there is no doubt.
It is against this backdrop that the European Commission initiated a process of deliberation and consultation in March of this year on the eve of the 60th anniversary of the signing of t
- Type d'image:Image contenu principale (Dimensions 635px * 300px)Jeudi 06 Juillet 2017English Articles
Inherited Wealth in Greying SocietiesWhen it comes to inequality the focus tends to be on widening income disparities, with the astronomical wages and salaries of celebrities, sport stars and the titans of industry regularly cited as pro
But while income is important in the equation, inherited wealth is also a major factor behind rising inequality.
- Type d'image:Image contenu principale (Dimensions 635px * 300px)Vendredi 30 Juin 2017English Articles
Lessons from Australia’s National Productivity BoardsAn economy’s ability to use labour, capital and other resources efficiently is the essence of productivity. And it is when this efficiency increases that a country’s economy expands.
The post-war boom in the West and Japan is an epitome of this process working effectively.
- Type d'image:Image contenu principale (Dimensions 635px * 300px)Jeudi 22 Juin 2017English Articles
The discount rate in the evaluation of public investment projectDiscounting is the usual method used to compare the future value to a present value.
The use of the discount rate when determining the socio-economic impact of projects varies widely depending on the country, as is the case with the US, the UK and France.
- Type d'image:LibreJeudi 08 Juin 2017English Articles
Metropolises of the FutureA Look at Emerging Smart Cities in Europe and Asia
From time immemorial densely populated areas have provided their inhabitants with advantages over smaller, isolated settlements.